Thursday, August 20, 2009

Purple Rain

So sorry for the long delay between posts! I should be back regularly now. At least until the next distraction. : )

My kiln is sloooowly heating up to 1460 degrees right now... with lots of "pretties" inside. And I am waiting anxiously to see how they all turn out. This past weekend I had a 'glass party' with a very good friend and her teen-aged niece. We spent several very fun hours cutting glass and making pretty pendants.

Here's one that I did.. my entry into my Etsy street team's next contest. This month's theme is "Purple Rain", in honor of Prince's hit song turning 25 years old. I had a great time playing with this one. We even listened to an awesome Prince album while we worked (well, while we played :)



Before firing it just looks like a mess of purple sparkles, doesn't it? I have no idea what it will look like after it's fired, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll let you know tomorrow. : )


~Toni

0 comments: